Tuesday 31 January 2012

Convert Website to Web Application in VS2008

I had some major speed issues with building a VS2008 solution today. The solution was originally started as a website rather than an application and the main hang up was with the "Validating Web Site" part of the build, it was taking several minutes.

So I decided to try and convert the whole thing to an Application and found the following article, follow the workaround steps.

http://gurustop.net/blog/2008/08/03/converting-vs-2008-website-to-web-application/

One other thing I had to do was to rename the new project after I had deleted the old one. I managed to change the name of the folder it was in, the project, assembly name and default namespace without issue.

The problem I was expecting was that TortoiseSVN would get it's knickers in a twist over the changing of folder names etc but actually after I had renamed my new folder to the same name as the original Subversion just saw that as a change to the folder rather than a new one and everything from mine and two other developer's machines committed/updated fine.

Phew! Glad we don't have to that everyday but amazingly went off without a hitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment